söndag 18 november 2007

exactly 3 months

This is the day that I've been in Barcelona for exactly 3 months. Nothing exciting happend this weekend, I've mostly been at home, finally enjoying my school project and spending time with my model and autocad...having random breaks to learn a new song on the guitar.
Today I went ot visit my grandmother and on my way to her on the metro I got to think about all the choices you make, every day. All down to the small ones as deciding which stop to get off the metro to the more complicated "should-I-stay-in-barcelona" kind of choices.
All of a sudden I was thinking about a strange encounter on a train, half a year ago. I lived in Malmö but was going to a very nice muesum outside Copenhagen for the day. I was in Malmö, spending time with my lovely Sandra, enjoying the first day of spring where we could use our sunglasses without looking rediculous. So there we were walking, talking, enjoying the sun. I was looking at my watch several times, my new original horse watch...when I suddenly had a phonecall and then looked at the mobile. The time was different from my horse watch, which made me discover for the first time that my watch has it own very moody life. It works when it wants to. I was soo incredibly late. Ran to the train, got on it and discovered I was completely alone.
Sorry, for making the story long, but it's important to get all the details right. So there I was sitting on the train to Copenhagen, the train just leaving Malmö central station, when two men come walking down the aisle of the train towards me. They stop just when they're next to me and the first, rather short and fat man says to me: I think that's my seat". I react as any normal person, I just stare at him. Not laughing. The train is empty and there must be like 100 available seats. I start mumbling something, when i realise that he's just making fun of me, and they both sit down opposite me. Just like that. They start talking, in english and I soon understand that they're Canadian that the taller one is a hockeyplayer for one of the bigger swedish team. We talk for a while and I soon understand their strange behaviour when they say: "It's so cool that you can get alcohol for breakfast in Copenhagen!" So they're on their way back to Copenhagen, where they've actually just come from, just because one of them left the digital camera in the station... We talk as the train cross over the water that makes the border between Denmark and Sweden, and they're actually quite entertaining. Then I ask the other guy what he does. That's when the strange episode starts. Turns out he a millionaire. Actually, milliardare ( cant' spell that) He won the national lottery 2 years ago, a bizarre amount of money (like seven 0's), and since he invested most of the money the're only growing. The guy is so loaded, that for 5 minutes I'm only daydreaming about all the shit you could do with that money. Fuck architecture, think big!
The train stops at Copenhagen airport and he jokes about that we could get off and fly somewhere, he'd pay. "Do you want to go to Cuba?" Then part two of strange episode starts, when I realise how extremely sad the guy actually is, and the fact that he can't meet people for real, because everyone is always interested in his money. I'm still kind of not sure whether he was actually telling the truth or not, but his kind of sad smile, and the fact that he carried around more then 1 000 eurs in his pocket kind of made me believe it ...
Finally we reached copenhagen central station where the surreal canadian guys are getting off and they then offer me to go with them to have lunch: "Come on we can have lobster, or whatever you want...!" I then, more sure then ever decide that it's time to stay on the train, continue with my life, in the real world, with real people and leave this strange episode.
Don't know what I'm trying to say here, am I glad that I'm not rich? No. Am I trying to say that you shouldn't go with men that are offering you money. (Hell yeah!) The bottom line is just that what I realised today is that I'm actually very happy that I have the freedom to choose my life, there are some people that don't have that. And this actually make the whole decision making a bit more beautiful.
Ok, I'll sleep now, waking up in my 4th month in Barcelona.
Good Night

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

thank you
p.