måndag 29 oktober 2007
frank the man
My father always says to me whenever I’m sad: “ Sara, life is like a piece of shit, that you need to take a bite of everyday”. It’s funny for many reasons, but most of all it’s funny that he thinks that this is something that will actually cheer me up. What is even furthermore peculiar is that it actually does cheer me up.
However, despite of this, rather pessimistic view of life, I have some really good news. I’m beginning to get some insights in the universe of cool women. For many years I thought that there didn’t exist any female role models out there, or that they’re really rare, but it turns out that I must have been looking very poorly. This Friday I accidentally ended up in a lecture with Naomi Klein (the author of “NO LOGO”). She was visiting Barcelona because of the release of her new book the Chock Doctrine. It was 1.5 hours of pure amazement. Read the book!
Then to amazement no.2 I received a beautiful email this weekend. It’s from an unknown man, who wrote to me because of the article I wrote in the last edition of the magazine “Arkitekten”. He had googled my name and then took the time to write to me. He wanted to give me this quote: “An expert is a man that has stopped thinking- he already knows.” (Frank Lloyd Wright)
I think that poor Frank would have died of shock if he had lived today.
Prenumerera på:
Kommentarer till inlägget (Atom)
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar