so, obviously death had to come around sooner or later. For me it was later. I hadn't been to a funeral, until today. The person who died was my grandmother's brother's wife, Carmen. She was cremated in a very cold room behind a very big glass wall, on the other side, were we, the audience. There was this totally wierd atmosphere of people having kind of empty gazes from time to time, but everytime they passed by me they seemed to forget about that we were at a funeral and that death was all around us. They started talking to me about my education or how much I had grown since last time they saw me giving remarks on my weight and pinching my cheeks. The fact that I was the only one under 50 only draw more attention to me... But in the end I'm very glad I came. It's not that I'm afraid of death, it doesn't scare me as much as it irritates me, not knowing what happends afterwards.
Also went to school today for some kind of introduction, but in the end it turned out to be this welcome only fo the erasmus students of UPC, kind of got bored of it and bailed. Thought I'd go to my faculty to see if I finally could get some more info about when things will get kicking. Turned out that like 100 other students had got the same idea...the queue for the erasmus people, was huge. But in the end I was helped by this very nice man who even came running after me when I had left just to tell me this very small detail....I have to admit that it felt so very nice to hear my name out loud as he was shouting ; sara, sara after me. Somehow I think I was more accepted becuase I was very clever to show him my spanish passport. Bienvenido a Barcelona.
Prenumerera på:
Kommentarer till inlägget (Atom)
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar